11.29.2009

First Haircut


Will got a new look for winter. As much as it saddened me and as much as I LOVED his little ringlets...something had to be done. You see, whenever we went anywhere Will would get called my daughter by strangers. He could have been wearing blue head-to-toe, and people would still say: "Ohhh, she's so cute!" or "I love your daughter's curls!" Ughhhh. Boys can have curls too, people!

The other day I realized after Will had woken up and half of his head looked like a little matted bird's nest and the other half had curls nearing his shoulders, that it was time to lose the locks. I didn't take him to a haircut place; I just decided that to do it just right, I'd be doing it myself. I can only imagine the horrible bull-cut he could have come out with. Gross. So I just trimmed up the back and took a little off the top. Part of me was worried that if I cut off the curls, they wouldn't come back. But they did! :) So here's a few before and afters.

Before
Before
After
After

No comments: