9.03.2010

{ r. road trip }

Our first road trip...and it was a BIG one. 1,539 miles to be exact. Kearney to Seattle.
Some people called us crazy for driving that far with a 2 year old and a 3 month old in tow.  
I have to agree with them.  It was crazy. 
First leg of the journey was the toughest. At one point I was squished between the car seats in the back trying to keep the kids from screaming their heads off.  Which only resulted in all three of us crying.  
It was tough.
 But thankfully, that first day was the worst and the other travel days were fine. 

Stopped off at "Little America" to stretch our legs and eat.
 

 

Being in Seattle and spending 3 weeks with my family was great.  
Will got to go crazy with his cousins and Anna got lots of snuggles from her aunites and grandparents. 
And I had some much needed quality time with my mom, dad and sisters. I love them. 

The drive home was surprisingly delightful. We took a different route and went through Montana.
Which was AMAZING.Simply breathtaking. 
I didn't even care if we made it home.  I was lost in the vastness of it; scanning the horizon and only seeing layers of mountains, mist covered river valleys, heavenly blue skies.  I'm surprised more people don't live there.  I'd move in a heartbeat.  We found ourselves only a few miles from Yellowstone, but unable to go for sake of time.  :(  A trip we will make when the kids are older and able to enjoy it more.
Here are some pics...but they just don't do it justice.

Montana
   

misty river valley

more misty river valley

moonset

Chimney Rock outside of Scottsbluff, NE

We were all very happy to be home. We pulled into the driveway and Will instantly started to cry. When I asked him if he was sad he said, "No, Will happee." At the sweet age of 2 Will already understands that there's no place like home.  :)







No comments: